8 Things to Know About Our Makerspace
1. Kids LOVE making!
2. Engineering is a big part of STEM/STEAM.
3. It doesn’t have to cost a lot to make. Use what you have in your room to make a special area. Ask for donations. Kids also like to create on the computers and on iPads.
4. FAIL is not a bad word. It just means First Attempt in Learning.
5. We’ve won THREE 3-D printers!
6. We have a well-stocked makerspace in the Media Center. We are working on a STEAM Lab for weekly classroom visits.
7. We have tons of resources for you to use during open times in the Media Center or you may borrow something for a couple of days.
• Green screen fabric
• Art and crafting supplies
• Snap Circuits Jr (8 sets)
• Hot Wheels Speedometry class kit
• LittleBits Synth (5 sets)
• MaKey MaKey (7 sets)
• GoldieBlox kits
• Roominate kits
• LEGO bricks
• Duplo blocks
• Lincoln Logs
• Magnetic blocks
• Wooden blocks
• Brain Flakes
• And More!
8. You may also use and test out materials in the Media Center.
• Silhouette Laser Cutter
• Robots like BB-8 Sphero, Ozobots, Bee-Bot, Pro-Bot, and the Finch robot
• Kindle Fire
• Animation Software
• View-Master Virtual Reality Goggles
• Boogie Board Play & Trace
We add new materials each month. Almost everything has come from DonorsChoose, contests, grants, donations, Book Fair funds, and other outside resources.
Just let me know how I can help and Have Fun!
We are thankful for all that we have. Yesterday we received a class set of Hot Wheels Speedometry and today all of these items arrived! They are from SparkFun, a partner of the Imagination Foundation's Imagination Chapters. Wow!