Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sharing Caine’s Arcade with the Students


I could not wait to share the news that we are a 2015 Imagination Chapter. But how could I tell them all so that it would make sense? And what does that even mean for our students? 

After using Minecraft and our makerspace last year, I knew that every class would want to be involved.  I knew the club would be meeting on Fridays, but I wanted to incorporate activities into lessons with all of the grade levels.  Using technology and creating fit nicely with our media lessons. 

Some of our classes visit the media center for lessons with me 1-2 times a week. Some classes visit every other week.  By the end of the second week of school every K-5 class knew all about Caine. 

These two videos helped me introduce everything to the students.


Several students went home and built their own cardboard games. Kids were telling their brothers and sisters about this movement. The buzz is building.

Introduction? Check.
Marshmallow Challenge? Check.
Dot Day? Check.
Next up?  MakeDo tools, hopefully an Ozobot, and then the Global Cardboard Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment