Friday, September 18, 2015

International Dot Day - Update

Here's a quick video I made from our Dot Day celebration!  Dot Day Video




One of our fifth grade classes ended up Skyping with Copeland Elementary.  Rebeccca Skyped with schools all over the country. Students also did Dot Day activities in STEM centers.

It turns out there were a lot of local schools participating in Dot Day.

Overall, it was a worthy addition to our media program.  I think that next year we will use some of the ideas from Rebecca and my fellow Imagination Chapter leaders.  We'll definitely add our guest dot board and more Skyping. (The fifth graders want to Skype with people in London and in different countries.)  I also liked the idea of giving a sticker dot to someone who has made a mark on us and telling him/her why. Alicia at Flat Rock helped her students make augmented reality dots using Quiver. Those looked awesome and I bet the kids loved them.

I also love the other books by Peter H. Reynolds.


On to the next activity - Global Cardboard Challenge!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment